Recently I was speaking with a dear friend of mine Fiona Forsyth from Love Your Health. She is a guru of all things healthy! So I asked her for some practical health tips on getting through this years holiday season.
1. Movement – Just DO it. Get out of bed, stretch, a few forward bends, touch your toes, reach to the sky, breath in deep and Go. Pull your runners on and just run out the door! You’ll feel so much better for it.
2. Hydrate - Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon. Drink plenty of water. Make sure, as you go throughout your day, you are sufficiently hydrated. Even slight dehydration can trick us into thinking we’re hungry, and, therefore, we are more likely to overeat and give in to those treats!
3. Drink - Interchange the alcoholic drinks with a big glass of water. And don’t forget when you arrive at the party, the very first drink to have is water. Stay hydrated, particularly when you are drinking alcohol!
4. Food - Choose the real food, whole foods, green foods, make sure your plate has protein; meat, fish, seeds, nuts. Choose only a few treats; it is Christmas but you don’t have to over go overboard.
5. Snacks - Stock your pantry and fridge with yummy, healthy snacks – think brown rice cakes, olives, raw nuts, veggie sticks, healthy dips such as hommus, avocado and cheeses; you won't make the right choices if the wrong foods are there.
6. Fast - Give your body a rest between big meals. For once, skipping a meal is actually OK. Don’t be tempted to pile food on top of food on top of food. Even better take some digestive enzymes; grab some from a Health food shop.
7. Love - Make time for yourself in the busy Christmas schedule. Take 10 minutes to go for a walk, listen to some music, read your book…remove yourself from social media for a specific time; leave your phone at home!
8. Thanks - Practice giving the best gift of all – gratitude. Take the time and energy to be there for your loved ones, appreciate them and reflect on your life with them.
Based in Melbourne Fiona is a successful clinical naturopath, nutritionist, herbalist, speaker and presenter and her mission in life is to inspire women make health simple and an easy lifestyle. As a fully qualified Naturopath, she has had years of experience in treating hundreds of women and families achieve healthy pregnancies, resulting in healthy happy babies.
To book in a consultation with Fiona or to invite her as a guest speaker to your next event please contact her via email email@example.com